Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cross reference

StPat ยท 2017-11-13 19:31

Does anyone know of a cross reference or equivalency chart that shows what the various skid steer numbers mean, I have a 753 Bobcat, how does that equate to a 180 Bobcat? or any other numbers. When I look at equipment online or Craigslist how do I decide what I'm looking at, just wondering.

Replies1
  1. #1jacobd2017-11-14 11:59

    As far as I know the model numbers on skid steers don't mean anything. If you come across something you're interested in just google it and usually you can find a page listing it's specifications. What you need to pay the most attention to is the operating weight, operating capacity, and engine power. Don't trust Stated horsepower numbers though, every manufacturer tends to overstate these, some more than others. Instead compare displacement and rated RPM. Typically the slower and bigger and engine the more torque it will make which is good because it takes a lot of torque to twist a skid steer around.