Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crossley grader (a crawler grader)

Graderfan1981 · 2014-05-18 13:20

I have found some interesting links today, a crawler grader!!!! https://www.flickr.com/photos/rayfoot/7090073995/in/photostream/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/rayfoot/6944000704/in/photostream/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/rayfoot/7090065665/in/photostream/ In the first links you find informations about it.

Replies17
  1. #1RZucker2014-05-18 14:45

    That is cool. Looks like the track bogies and cab are borrowed from a Case/IH Quad Track ag tractor. Good combination.

  2. #2RCTech92014-05-18 14:50

    Thats sweet!

  3. #3Dualie2014-05-21 02:25

    interesting, wonder how she works out in the real world

  4. #4Graderfan19812014-05-21 04:34

    It is sad, that no video exist, I want to see him in action

  5. #5Graderfan19812014-06-01 17:57

    I have read a message that the grader works in Australia in Watheroo area north of Perth, when someone is here from Australia and can see him there?

  6. #6CM19952014-06-01 20:14

    There was a description on one of the pics - Interesting machine to say the least.

  7. #7RZucker2014-06-01 23:21

    OOPs. I guess i didnt see all the pics.

  8. #8Graderfan19812014-08-30 17:20

    Has someone in Australie seen the grader the last time? I hope that a grader manufacturer has a idea to built graders with those type of tracks, thats a good idea for a better traction. And this type of tracks are faster than metallic tracks, so no less on speed like wheel type graders...

  9. #9Blocker in MS2019-11-25 19:35

    This is very interesting! So they turned the cab around, and built another hood and hydraulic tank. I wonder what they did to the drivetrain....maybe they have 16R 3F. By the positioning of the exhaust this looks to be early Iveco powered It sure would be nice to hear some more about this and maybe get the pictures off another location and posted back here.

  10. #10Blocker in MS2019-11-25 19:44

    https://www.facebook.com/Everything...ation-from-lancethe-crossley/630215083700784/

  11. #11Gecko2022-09-09 08:49

    i don't know if you are still active but let me know what you want to know i used to work for the bloke that built it.

  12. #12DDoug2022-09-09 10:06

    Even if the OP is gone, there's a bunch more of us that would like to hear the stories, the outcome, etc.

  13. #13Welder Dave2022-09-09 10:14

    I wonder if it wouldn't be suitable for some jobs because the tracks don't pivot up and down like the tandems on a conventional grader?

  14. #1456wrench2022-09-09 10:25

    Uh, on quad track tractors they do. Basically and simply put, they are mounted to the axle housings. The track frames have to pivot or the tractor would be useless

  15. #15Welder Dave2022-09-09 10:28

    I never realized they pivot. I figured they were fixed like a CTL.

  16. #16Gecko2022-09-09 11:01

    so originally it was a case steiger 485 quad track with a cheap Chinese grader front we converted it a couple years ago to a Volvo G700b front end with a dozer blade. for the gearbox it is a standard gearbox the diff pinion and crownwheel have been machined in the reverse orientation currently building a new front witch will be extendable out to 7m via hydraulic ram and hydraulic driven front tracks. the rear tracks don't pivot but hasn't run into any problems with that side of things if you have any questions just ask and ill try to answer them to the best of my abilities

  17. #17Ondrej Hajek2023-09-11 03:28

    Hello! Have they already built the new extendable front with tracks? I am really interested how it looks like… if you have any pics please share…