Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

crusher nuts and bolts

mikey531 ยท 2013-04-26 10:06

Somewhere I found a web site showing large bolts with nuts that had smaller bolts all around the nut to tighten against the plate, I thought I saw them used on a cone crusher. Does anyone have the link to the web site? Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2013-04-26 14:28

    No website, but I've seen pictures of the same product used on boilers, electric utility size.

  2. #2mikey5312013-04-26 15:12

    I wish I could draw what I am trying to explain. They were putting the cone back together and were tightening up the 2 inch ring bolts. they snugged them up and then took a 1/2 impact wrench and tighten the ring of bolts threaded into the nut it tightened it without using a 4 foot bar on a wrench.

  3. #3mikey5312013-04-26 15:58

    Found it !!!! http://www.nord-lock.com/products/superbolt/nut-style-tensioners/introduction/

  4. #4Nige2013-04-26 16:05

    Interesting. Haven't seen that idea before but I can already think of uses for it.

  5. #5ben46a2013-04-27 17:48

    We used similar fasteners for front strut mounting on 797s for certain customers. They were testing them on other locations on the trucks as well but I can't recall where exactly, I'm thinking steering ballstuds but its been a couple years since I've worked on one.