Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crusher Quetions Please

nehinc ยท 2016-02-23 16:01

Hello we are materials re-sale company located in Dearborn Michigan. I have a question for those well versed in crushing equipment. We are shopping for crusher but the type has not yet been determined. We will need to crush materials 1/8 by 1/2 down to fines. Material needs to be flat, flaky, sharp shape not round shaped like stones or BBs. The material will be what is called C-fines or B Scrap which is 65% FE and metallic also containing slag. This material is a by-product or steel making. If you can offer any direction or help it would be greatly appreciated. regards, R Johnson

Replies9
  1. #1nehinc2016-02-23 16:18

    Hello I wanted to add the hardness of the material is Medium to hard, the crusher does not have to be mobile and we will crush the material dry, thanks

  2. #2ol'stonebreaker2016-02-23 22:00

    We need your definition of "fines", ie: what size sieve does it need to pass? Besides the iron(FE) what is the other "metallic"? Mike

  3. #3ol'stonebreaker2016-02-25 17:24

    I guess my questions scared him off!! We can't help w/o knowing the makeup of the product and what size they want. Mike

  4. #4nehinc2016-03-02 12:25

    I am a very busy man these days ( for a change) , In the iron ore business we call fines anything -6mm. I hope this helps describing. We appreciate any advice. 0.8 % Mn, 0.15 Cr, 0.10-0.20 C, Balance of elements are just a trace. Of no consequence. 95 % Must pass 16 mesh.

  5. #5ol'stonebreaker2016-03-02 18:18

    I'm old so I guess I'm getting confused. You stated it had to be crushed down to fines, which you state is minus 6mm which is a little less than 1/4" maybe a little larger than #4 mesh. Then you say the finished product has to be 95% passing #16 mesh which is a little larger than 1/16". So which is it?? Sounds like some kind of impact crusher is needed for this and your screen is going to need to be fairly large to screen out 95% passing #16 and the incoming material will need to be very dry. Dust control might be very difficult w/o a vacuum system. You also said the product is 65% iron. Is this iron ore or just plain iron from the furnaces?? If plain iron that's going to pretty tough to reduce down to #16. JMHO, Mike

  6. #6bdiwearparts2016-03-04 20:32

    Nice topic.

  7. #7hvy 1ton2016-03-05 00:19

    Vertical shaft impactor is probably the only crusher that could get you the end product. http://www.metso.com/in/miningandconstruction/MCT_India.nsf/WebWID/WTB-110112-22577-26F5B/$File/B_Brochure_ENG.pdf

  8. #8ol'stonebreaker2016-03-05 07:30

    If you get a Barmac buy an extra rotor. It's easier and faster to swap out rotors, then maintenance people can change out rotor wear parts more easily. Been there, done that!! Mike

  9. #9ol'stonebreaker2016-03-08 20:54

    This guy must be awfully busy!! He throws a question at us and then doesn't seem to need the answers we give. Mike