Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CS54 – How to remove the steering cylinder

Sandra King ยท 2023-09-28 09:04

Can anyone tell me how to remove the steering cylinder on CAT CS54? I'm having trouble finding anything except disassembly.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2023-09-28 13:09

    Should be no more complicated than to remove two hydraulic hoses, remove the locking bolt hoding the pin at each end and pull two pins, no.? It may be necessary to steer the machine to one side to retract the cylinder you want to remove in order to make it shorter and easier to pull out. If you want a factory procedure (if one exists) please supply a Serial Number.

  2. #2Sandra King2023-09-28 13:16

    Thank you Nige. The serial number is CATCS54PC5R00420. I would appreciate any help.

  3. #3Sandra King2023-09-28 13:30

    REALLY... QUOTE: (I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately....... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my ***. To paraphrase your local friendly MD. Stick your tongue out and tell me - what's your Serial Number ..?) I THOUGHT THIS WAS A RESPECTABLE FORUM WHERE THOSE WITH QUESTIONS COULD GET ANSWERS. I WASN'T EVEN ASKING FOR MYSELF, I WAS ASKING FOR MY SON. THESE ARE EXTREMELY RUDE THINGS TO SAY TO SOMEONE ASKING FOR HELP. THIS WAS MY FIRST AND LAST QUESTION ON THIS FORUM. I DON'T NEED SARCASISM OR COMICAL RUDENESS. I HOPE OTHERS WILL SEE THIS AND LEAVE AS WELL. NOT A SMART WAY TO PROMOTE THIS KIND OF FORUM. IN WORDS YOU WILL SURELY UNDERSTAND....AND BECAUSE I HAVE MUCH MORE RESPECT THAN YOU TO SAY WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY...EAT **** AND DIE *******.

  4. #4Nige2023-09-28 13:48

    Calm down dear. No need to shout. That has been my signature line on every post I've ever made on this forum and I make no apology for it, coming as it did from an interaction with a safety officer many years ago. Please find attached the procedure for removing the steering cylinder on your compactor. I hope it helps.

  5. #5heymccall2023-09-28 14:25
  6. #6heymccall2023-09-28 14:28
  7. #7Sandra King2023-09-28 14:42

    Thank you.