Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CT332 bucket doesn’t float

ak_snowbear ยท 2019-05-23 01:50

Mechanical joystick model. Left stick is labeled as float in full down position. Doesn't work. Figuring the linkage must be outa adjustment. Any tips on getting it right? Seems like it could be a pain if done by trial an error. Thanx

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612019-05-23 05:39

    You are moving lever past the detent correct? If it is hand controls the left handle should basically be parallel to the ground when in the detented position. Those machines also like to wear out the links that connect the cable from the hand control to the spool on the control valve.

  2. #2ak_snowbear2019-05-23 18:02

    Thanx mg. It must be sticking at the detent. I'll take the handle apart first.

  3. #3ak_snowbear2019-05-26 14:00

    I got the handle to move and float works. I had to pull the cover in the footwell and function the lever by hand to get it to break over to the detent position. After cycling it several times I am able to make it work using the control handle. The end links are a little sloppy so I'll order some new ones. Thanx for the help.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2019-05-26 14:32

    Yer bucket doesn't float.??? Neither does my fat ol' lady.. Lol