New piece of equipment is not in the cards right now anyway but I desperately need to be able to rake the land that I’m developing. Could someone suggest or is it possible to install a quick connect skid steer connection on my John Deere 310 D Backhoe as always I really any information
I’ve done a fair amount of research but it’s just hard to decipher it all. Thanks.
Looks like these folks make one - John Deere 300D Pin Bucket to Skid Loader Quick Attach Conversion John Deere 300D, 310C, 310D, 315C, 315D, 410C, 410D, 510C, 510D & 610C Pin Bucket to Skid Loader Quick Attach Conversion. Free ship US 48. asktractormike.com The website said what I was thinking - Gotta be careful not to tear up skid attachments on a larger machine. Might be better to find a rake that's sized to go on your 310D instead of a skid version.
Does the 310 have aux. hydraulic fittings like a skid loader ?
Unfortunately, no auxiliary hydraulics to the front bucket. I have a stacking rake very heavy duty just not what I need to do the raking smaller trees stumps and Brush my neighbor has a skid steer with a root rake. That was totally impressive with what he’s able to do with that rake just gave me the idea, I already own the Backhoe not really wanting to spend 50 K on a decent skid steer I did find that website looks reasonable for what it will enable me to do with my Backo
I take it that it's for the front. If you have a 4in1 bucket, by opening it up and making a drive in rake to fit like dozers have(just smaller) you'd probably have the best of all worlds.
My only issue with the rake idea is that the view is severely restricted. When I cleared my house lot, all I had was my backhoe and while it took a few days and a few valve stems, I just did it all with my bucket. If I did it again, I would buy a mag drill and add bolt on teeth to the front bucket. Just my skid steer with 8 teeth on my 66” bucket, is ideal for clearing wooded areas.
Easiest and cheapest is a bolt on tooth bar. Get one with adequately sized teeth that clips over the cutting edge. It will hang down sightly below the bucket cutting edge, which isn't good for back dragging or fine grading, but excellent for grubbing and raking. With the bucket tilted at about a 45* angle it works well for raking and you can see what you are doing.