I am new to the forum so I apologize if I’m posting in the wrong place. I am looking at purchasing either a CTL or a Compact Wheel Loader. This machine will be used in the western Washington state area so wet conditions a lot. Machine will be used for packing material around and backfilling. Looking to hear pros and cons of both machines from people who have operated both machines. Thanks
What size/HP range are you considering?
I’ve been looking at a used Takeuchi TW-50 wheel Loader at 50hp. The track loaders I’ve been looking at are used Takeuchi TL230/ TL8 and the Deere 319E all at around 67hp. My biggest concern is if I buy a compact wheel loader will I regret not having the tracks when the conditions get wet and muddy in the winter.
Taks seem to ba a good choice, in that HP range, have heard good things, from others. Personally, I have a ASV RC-30, been runnin that lil beasty, fer about 15 years... I hear they have a new 40 hp model out, now, too, in addition to the 50,60 and up models. Only thing I will stay away from is those that you need to use DEF in. Back to tracks VS wheels, I went with the ASV tracked machine, cause its light at 3500lbs, and the tracks are all rubber, no metal/rubber separation probs. Got over 2500 hrs on mine, now, with only a few minor problems, and a coupla hyd motor problems. In an area that gets more than 60" or so of annual rainfall, tracks pay for themselves a lot quicker...
Thanks Dave, I have a feeling I would be happy with the wheel loader about 80% of the time. That other 20% I would need the tracked machine. I have rented plenty of tracked machines and like using them. I have ran the wheel loaders as well just never in wet muddy environments. Looking to hear from people that utilize their wheel loaders in wet environments.