Cub Cadet Yanmar is the name of an alliance of the two compact-tractor brands bringing compact backhoe loaders to the North American market. It looks like Yanmar is building the machines, with an integrated backhoe that nonetheless accommodates a mid-mount mower deck and looks relatively easy to detach from the tractor. The 24-horsepower Sc2450 has backhoe dig depth of 6 feet 4.5 inches and the loader can lift 700 pounds. The 31-horsepower Cub Cadet Yanmar Sx3100 compact backhoe loader digs to 6 feet 9 inches deep and its loader can lift 964 pounds.
Looks an awful lot like a Kubota BX24.
I wonder if this means Yanmar has broken their alliance with John Deere?
My understanding is that Yanmar is no longer building tractors for Deere. Of course they might still be supplying them with engines or other parts. I've scheduled an interview with the MTD marketing VP that is responsible for the Cub Cadet Yanmar line from the Cub Cadet side. I'll ask him. The Cub Cadet Yanmar line is definitely Yanmar powered, and while I don't have first-hand knowledge, I trust the guy I know who crawled all over and under them to recognize if there are any Kubota parts on the machine. He would have mentioned it if he'd seen it. L
That probably explains the Mitsubishi emblem on the John Deere I recently repaired. Will Yanmar drop their own compact tractor line and only be sold under this combo label? Any word on the compact equipment line like loaders and excavators? Are they part of the joint effort as well?
Wow, They blew it losing Yanmar as a builder. Yanmar was THE reason to buy the small Deere's IMO. Not many options for true direct injection in those smaller engines.
Sorry guys. I forgot about this thread. Short answer: Yanmar continues to wholesale tractors to John Deere, which sells them under the Deere brand. The new tractors are made by a joint venture called CUTSCO between MTD Products (owner of the Cub Cadet brand) and Yanmar. A year ago or more, the sales VP at MTD said the JV's operations are having no major impact on Yanmar marketing. Steve -- I think Yanmar has always supplied Deere compact tractors in a limited size range. Not surprised you found a Mitsubishi-powered one. Read the story on Cub Cadet Yanmar I wrote after my interview with the MTD VP, before my job change.