Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins 3.9 fuel strainer air?

James Sorochan · 2023-11-16 17:48

Hi everyone. I ran packer out of fuel yesterday. Dumped in say 10 gallons then started priming it back up to start it. Took along time. I put air to tank. Made sure filters got full and eventually cracked injectors and after way too long she fired up. Ran it for 10 minutes and shut it down. Went to start it today and she wouldn’t catch. I pulled up fill tube out of tank, seems ok. ( plastic tube), hooked up battery charger and turned over and cracked injectors again till she started. I see air jumping in strainer while running. Is that normal?

Replies3
  1. #1James Sorochan2023-11-16 19:57

    I pulled the strainer off and reversed the flat gasket, started it, reved it up and there are less bubbles than before. I'll try it again in the morning to see if that fixed it.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2023-11-16 20:56

    If u need a new gasket, I’ve got about a gazillion of’m.. Just shout ifn u need 1.

  3. #3James Sorochan2023-11-16 21:21

    Thanks thepumpguysc