Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins 335 taper nose crank oil pump.

workshoprat92 ยท 2022-12-12 19:06

Working on a 335 taper nose crank cummins. I found the gaskets i need but cannot find the o ring #4 on the picture. Sorry but i cannot locate a serial number whatsoever. I looked everywhere and have come to the conclusion its a replacement block and has no serial number. All i can tell you is its a 335 taper nose crank engine out of a 69 cabover freightliner. Anyone know where i can find the part number? I cant even find a pump for sale that has this oil supply tube for the piston oil cooler nozzles.

Replies4
  1. #1Former Wrench2022-12-12 19:22

    My "go to" source would be Miller Truck Salvage in Portland, OR. 503/283-1797. They specialize in old trucks & parts from 1970 and newer. Good luck.

  2. #2workshoprat922022-12-12 19:51

    Also i need the part number for the oil filter cartrige and gasket for this style oil filter housing. Thanks so much!

  3. #3Truck Shop2022-12-12 22:14

    Can't remember filter number but Wix/Napa carries it, the gasket will be tough, some had a 0-ring. As far as the #4 o-ring it's nothing special, can match that up with o-ring kit. The oil pump is a small cam pump used up to 1975 in regular production.

  4. #4workshoprat922022-12-13 15:16

    I think its a LF516 filter. Did not have an oring but it had a gasket. Fortunately the cummins part number is still able to be read on the gasket!