I need help with installation procedure for camshaft bushings part number 3901685 with one lube hole. The old bushings part number is 3945329 with two lube holes, all the procedures for installation i have are for this type of bushings. Also i need help with valve springs, as you can see on the picture the are different please tell me which one is intake and which one is exhaust.
what is your engine serial number that is the best to find the correct info on it.
Esn 21413995
My cummins shop manual shows only one spring, used for both exhaust and intake. I think there is a optional exhaust spring used in conjunction with exhaust brakes, but I don't show it in my book.
Are you sure the engine does not require a two hole bushing ? I would think the installation would be the same for both style bushings as long as the holes are in perfect alignment with the oil gallerys in the block. Make a habit when removing camshaft bushings that you mark the position they were installed in the block. It is not unusual to have different dimensions in the width and number of oil holes in camshaft bushings.