Are there any methods for adjusting the celect plus injectors with a dial indicator? I have adjusted them a few times in the past and had no problem with bottoming out the injectors, however this time they are not bottoming out, the adjuster will screw all the way down till the locknut hits bottom, I adjusted them with a dial indicator to my best guess and it’s running fine, have not put a load on it yet but seems fine empty, it’s in a dump truck, had to replace a head and it’s been apart about a month
I made a fixture to set the injectors with a dial indicator to 0.020" I don't know if I still have it or not. If the injectors are not bottoming out I suspect your accessory drive is not timed correctly.
I did have the accessory drive off this time to replace the seal, I didn’t find the keyway/ dowel pin so I thought I lost it, I put a new one in so that makes sense, does that mean you can run accessory drive without a down it?
Did you align the accessory drive timing marks?
Tear it apart and retime accessory drive, if it's off just one tooth--it's huge. You will never achieve correct injector travel otherwise.
I think I figured out the problem after reading the replies, I actually only removed the accessory drive pullies, but it’s 2 pcs, I think I had stamped the markings on the outer most pulley, and I probably didn’t line those markings up with the back pulley which should have the original markings on it, will check that tomorrow. Many thanks for the replies