Does anyone have any tricks to replacing the o-rings on a 855? I repaced a set on the front one on my 230 a while back and it was fine for about an hour and then it started leaking again. I have not tornit back down but I feel like the seal must not have stayed where it's supposed to.
Think we might have used some petroleum jelly to hold them in place while installing the jumpers. Also believe that some of those jumpers had solid plates and if the heads were not the exact same height they would not seal good. It's been many years since I played with an old Cummins but I believe one trick was to split the plate so it could flex a bit between the heads. Anyone else recall that?
I never had to do that but some came that way or someone had done that before. Be sure everything is clean. File the bottom of the jumper, it could be distorted. Make sure you have the proper o - rings. The lifting brackets between rocker boxes have to be removed in some cases. It is against the rules but I have got by with just removing just one bolt from each box with the bracket. R & R the O - rings and put it back.
Split the jumper between heads and always replace those darn screws. Tap the holes and make sure everything is clean. Make sure everything is perfectly flat.