Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins ISB 260?

DM21 · 2018-07-25 00:26

I’m looking at a ‘07 Kenworth T300 single axle truck that I’d like to put a flat bed or dump bed on, but it would be used mostly to pull a skid steer (probably 20K lbs combined weight of skid and trailer). The truck has a Cummins ISB 260 with an Allison 2000 auto. Anybody have this motor and use it for a similar application? I’m wondering if it will have enough power, and if that’s a descent medium duty motor?

Replies4
  1. #1Birken Vogt2018-07-25 01:03

    With or without DPF?

  2. #2DM212018-07-25 06:20

    It’s the 5.9, so it should be without?

  3. #3funwithfuel2018-07-25 06:28

    Just about every yard mule in the country has a B series Allison combo in it. Look what they do day after day with little to no maintenance. Add to that performance of common rail and no DPF,DOC. You'd be $#!tting in high cotton.

  4. #4Birken Vogt2018-07-25 10:44

    I agree, if it was me I'd rather have an 8.3 but at only 20k in the Midwest, it is probably just fine.