Hey guys, I've got a 1989 Champion 740A grader with an LT 10 Cummins engine with a turbocharger. The exhaust manifold is cracked near the center of the webbing where it splits to the different cylinders. I've found a used manifold from an LTA 10 engine. Will it work on my engine? What is the difference between an LT 10 and an LTA 10 engine? Right now we've got the crack patched with J&B weld and it seems to be holding, but not sure for how long. Thanks, Scott
I think the A is for aftercooled, and I think the manifolds may interchange. Good luck, Mitch
I just found this thread YEARS later, but the 'A' in 740A indicates an Articulating machine, vs a Solid Frame _ not After-Cooled _ ** And hopefully in the past FOUR years your issue has been rectified.. Ha!! http://www.volvoce.com/construction...ader champion/Pages/Champion - Series IV.aspx
I believe he was referring to the A in LTA-10.
Haha. Oooopss.. as I re-read it I SEE that that is WAY more likely the case from context, I was fixed on the '740A' part and completely missed it.. ** Must be the Frozen Air here lately, was -33ºC (-28ºF) last night, and my brain may not have fully recovered.. Thanks and take care there!!