Just wondering if anyone has any idea on the cost to rebuild a cummins 400 855 block. THANKS
In frame or out of frame, how much is needed, just sleeves and pistons or the does the crank and cam need to be new as well or can the crank be ground, did it lock up, blow smoke, lose power, dumping water in the oil, hammer and knock, what, give a little background info on this maybe we can help some. As for kit prices, check around, are you doing the work yourself or taking it to a shop?
if it needs a out pof frame the best way to go is a CuMmins RECON complete engine swap I did it on a Big Cam 4 about 3 yrs ago and it was about 20,000 but it was everything that coulkd be replace starter. alt fan hub , fan blade, accy drive pulley, re surface flywheel, rod radator, new clutch, reman trans, shorten drive shaft, motor mounts frt and rear I am sure that there is something I missed but I know what I have