Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins straight 6 diesel approx. 1960’s

lenray ยท 2011-11-19 11:59

Have this Cummins in a Hough loader. 1960's type of engine. This is a Diesel engine straight 6 cylinder. I removed a plastic line that went into the bottom of the injection pump--installed a plug. I think this li ne went from the injection pump into the cab where there was a push pull knob that was possibly used to push fuel into the pump for cold weather starting. Since I removed this line--I am having a difficult time on the first start up of the day. It appears the fuel has drained out of the system. Once started the machine runs fine. The push pull knob was rusted and frozen up and didn't appear to be working. Any ideas for a quicker start up. I give is a very short snort of either to start on first start up. Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.