Heres afew of the custom Cat models I have done , I am still waiting on the "D10R " decals to come in and all of the 980C decals to come in , I would have waited to post them till after they were decaled but I dont have anything better to do , let me know what you think , and if you want to see pics of anything else let me know Sorry if the pics arent that good , I'm no pro at thaking pics
Heres the rest , Heres my whole collection 99% Cat equipment 1% Case and thats only a skid loader , most of the trucks are Kenworth except the fuel/lube truck and the 2 Mack flatbeds , I have built alot of other customs and accessories like barriers ,buckets ,mobile fuel tanks, genorators , light towers and alot of other stuff , if you want any more let me know , Thanks Hope you like them Oh and if you look close , you can see the longreach excavator I built , its kind of hard to see it because the boom is in front of a picture on the wall
Awesome collection!
you want to mkae me a 980c and i have like one shelf of models
can you post some pics of your side booms please.
Thanks eveyone Case 580E send me a PM and we can talk about it Heres some pics of my side booms , I have 5 a 572C ,1 594, 2 591's and a 587T if you want some more pics of them I can take some more better ones tomorrow when its light out side
you have the entire cat line up there and then some:notworthy great work my friend, i like that water wagon you have there i would love to have one like that they are all over up here
Thanks That water wagon is another I built along time ago I used brass for the tank , Theres still more then a few models I really want , but I cant find them or they are very expensive , my goal is to have the ultimate Caterpillar collection
thanks for the pics. i am looking for a side boom model that has folding boom that lays over onto the counter weights for transport.
Here some pics with the D10R and 980C with the decals on , sorry for the quality I need a better camera to get good pics of the little details , but you get the idea .also a pic to show I opened the middle slot in the ripper for a shank since the model didnt come with it open Trainwreck , I would imagine finding one like that will be tough , but one like that would be cool to find, you never know you might have to try and build one :beatsme
Very impressive!! I'm in love with your 980C!!
Thanks I am really happy with the way it turned out , I also built a 980F that turned out pretty good too not as good as the 980C though
Eh, I'm wondering, did you modify a body for the engine bloc or did you build a new one? Same question for the cab. It's really well done in my opinion.
On the 980 my original plans were to build a whole different engine compartment like I did on my 980F , but after alot of thinking I just decided to put plastic on the outside of the compartment which was easier and it gave me the perfect width and height, I was also going to build new cabs for the 980C and F since the 980G cabs taper out at the bottom , but I had hell with them trying to get the angles right and the windows to look good , so after three days I gave up on them and just hoped no one would notice , I can build good cabs when they dont have alot of odd angles, but not when they have alot of odd angles
CAT D9H,All I can say is WOW!.That is a nice collection of heavy equipment.Do they come in kits then you put them together?I like the old B-model mack wrecker.I think it has the 850 holmes bed on it.Neet stuff.
Thanks , you can get some in kits but most of mine come already put together , and some of those I take apart and rebuild into a completely differant machine I have 2 of those B model wreckers I ll take some more pics of both of them and make a new topic about them here by tomorrow so be sure to check back
I'l be sure to check in tomorrow evening for the B model wreckers.I love the side boom dozer models to.It looks like most if not all of your collection is the same scale.Thats neet stuff CAT D9H.I have a plastic model of a d9g that is still in the box,after seeing your thread I just might put it together.
Thanks , all the Cat equipment is 1:50 scale, some of the trucks are 1:50 and some are 1:53 , be sure to post pics of that D9G !
Looks good. Thanks for sharing
that is a nice collection. i would like to add to my collection
Thanks guys , It can get addicting very easy , I never imagined I would have a collection this big
Awesome collection man! Would love to see some pics of your other customs you speak of, like the light towers etc!!:scool
Thanks ,I ll get some pics taken of some of my misc. equipment and post them
Heres some more
heres a few more , every thing here I built except the buckets , with the exception or the rock bucket and ripper, I built the rock bucket for a 330/345 class excavator and rippers for everything from a 312 to a 365 the screener is still under going work , and I made over 50 of the barriers
almost forgot some , the light tower is a custom I just threw together didnt take very long , I shouldnt have rushed it because it doesnt look to great. and even though I have a fuel truck I still wanted to make some small fuel tanks to leave at small jobs , I used fuel tanks from a 1:24 scale model truck,
Some great stuff man! You should market the barriers, they look awesome!
i agree with D5G about those barriers! i may need to try a light tower i have the arrow boards but no lights :beatsme i will see to it soon as it would be a nice addition to the fleet
Thanks guys , I have thought about marketing them , I can turn them out pretty fast, but the danger level is too high , I could see myself loosing a finger from the table saw
Thanks for posting CAT D9H! GREAT stuff I wish I had your kind of patience to be able to make those types of things
Patience is a big part of it , it took me a while to over come that , I just take a break , or work on another part , or stop completly , All it takes is practice
Retro Contractors - parked up for winter Its winter down here in the south pacific and all the (1:25th) gear has been serviced & painted and is parked up awaiting the next job !!
Nice looking spread there. I especially like the little JD paddle scraper. First time I have seen a model of that one. Is it a 760?
Thanks for that. The John Deere is an 840 with Hancock 400 elevator. Made by Reuhl
CAT D9H , How long have you been collecting and building ? You have a AWESOME collection , Great work !!!!
CATD9H, Are you sure your not selling any of those buckets?
Yeah im sure ,the only thing im trying to sell is a custom Cat 375L ME excavator in 1:50 scale
Dang!
cat 9H by any chance u have a picture of that Cat 375l ME ??
Heres some pics , if you want to know more about it more just pm me
Awsome collection and customs D9H!! I've slowly started some customs myself it does take practice and patients. That a sweet 375 sending pm....
WabcoMan, glad to hear the lot's just full for the winter, and not all painted up for a Ritchie Brothers Auction....I've often thought that would be the perfect diorama idea, how else do you explain that everything is painted like brand new, even if it's a 50 year old machine?! Nice collection! By the way, have you checked the load limit on that table?!! Alan627b
Hi Alan, It gets worse ! I've since added 3 more 433 PayScrapers (including an all-white one) and 2 x RD8 Cats - one with a LeTourneaqu AK8 blade and the other set up for blade work but towing a LeTourneau H3 ripper. More photos as soon as I get a fine day to shoot in. The sickness grows !!!
Wabcoman, I just found out that next year's ACMOC model is a DW20 with a 456 pan, made by First Gear.....better gusset those table legs! Approximate price is $169.00 pre release, $199.00 after release. You don't have the pair of push pull 433's yet either.... Why did they have to wait til the economy sucks to come out with all this neat stuff at once! LOL! alan627b
Alan, Thanks for the heads up on the DW20 - I'll definately need a couple of those. Did they mention if it was a DW20E or G ? (obviously not an early one as they didn't have the 456 pan). You know if ACMOC had done their homework earlier on, instead of releasing a No,491 they should have done a No.463 and they would have been halfway there already. All they would have needed was a new yoke & hitch plus the tractor. Incredibly difficult to find 433's with the PayMate attachment - I've tried and still looking. As for the table - its rated at 1000 tons but I think I may need to get some Cor-Ten and the electric spanner to make some alterations !!! :drinkup
I've reinforced the table ! Retro Contractors has expanded the fleet prior to the summer eathmoving season.....
Wabcoman Your fleet is looking good. You should be ready to tackle some good sized jobs now. Is the hydraulic D-9G the remote control version?
Hi Jerry, The D9G is a D9E - its just the standard ACMOC/First Gear 1:25th scale issue. Wish it was a D9G however !
WABCOMAN, Nice looking Collection of Iron,You just can't beat 1st Gear for Quality and price.Have you seen the new TD25 with the Root Rake? I may have to own one. I really like the 1/25 scale as I get older so that I can see all the detail.I would like to see ACMOC do a D9 with a scraper push blade on it. I need to get a camera one of these days and post some of the Letourneau Toys that I have built. Its nice too see the talent that some of these guys have when it comes to thier model building. My hats off to them. dpull
Hi dpull, Yep, 1st Gear make a really nice model and as you say the 1:25th scale is ideal for this 'ol scraper operators hands these days ! I've just added (today) 2 x IH 433's with the Paymate push-pull attachment which now gives me 7 x 433's - so I can bid on the big jobs now !!! The TD-25 & root rake looks great - I guess I'll have to get one to do the land clearing & site preparation before I let the scrapers loose Wish 1st Gear would have a look at some of those Wabco's from the 50s & 60s - all those cables. A TS-14 would sell by the thousands. I wrote them a nice letter with a few educated suggestions but no one ever replied :Banghead
Hi WABCOMAN, I also talked to a 1st Gear Rep at the HCEA Show this year and talked about how I thought the Euclid line would be a great seller for the Company and he said that they had tried to talk to Hatachi Corp People about Building the Euc models but they didn't want anything to do with it. TOO Bad! I really think it would be a good seller if they could put the deal togather. I also brought up the early Letourneau machines to him but my thoughts fell on deaf ears. Wish I had the money to produce and sell models. I started a LET Twin 'C' Pusher last winter hope to finish it here in the next month or so. dpull
:Banghead I knew that, just couldn't remember it when I posted.:Banghead It still looks great though. I love the 1:25th fleet, but they take up too much room for me. Only thing I have in 1:25th is a wooden D-8R.
Hi JDOFMEMI, Space is a problem - I do have a reasonably large cabinet but it is nowhere near big enough to hold them all so the rest live in their boxes and I rotate the display every 2-3 weeks. It's getting so that I can't even fit them all onto the table for a holiday snapshot as you can see in the first pic. Since this wa taken I've added 2 more 433's with push-pull (IH calls it Paymate). The RD8s are still a work in progress. I have new tracks for both but hadn't fitted them yet. A lot of work has gone into these two with more still to come, Keeps me out of mischief
the zero tail swing excavator is perfect good work!
Holy Cow! That's one of the most awesome displays I have ever seen. Mine is at www.diecastconstructiontoys.com Perhaps someday I will build my collection a little bigger and display like that
Very nice work here!!! Great displays
Love the models I have collected some of the First Gear models in 1:87 and use them in conjunction with my model railroad I e-mailed First Gear a few years ago and asked if they would also come out with an International excavator and the only reply I got from them was "looking at the coming soon section on our website". The first excavator I ever got a ride on as a kid was an International so that's why I asked. I hope they come out with some 1:87 Allis Chalmers equipment.
Hi 245dlc, You did way better than I fared when I wrote to First Gear - I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply - and I'm a fleet owner !!:beatsme I suggested an IH E211 or 412 elevator - they already have the engine cast (in the back of the 433). Would make a gem of a model in 1:25th The 1:87th models are superb but I've managed to restrict myself to 1:50 & 1:25 so far
nice, I want one
What an awesome collection. Those fist gear models are something else
Here is a 1/25 scratch built model of an old E200. Have a few others I will put up later
Scraperad, That's a real nice E200 - I want one !! Wouldn't be too hard for First Gear to turn one out surely. They already have the engine casting for the IH DT466 (in the rear of the 433 PayScraper) In fact with very little effort they could turn out all the '400' series PayScrapers of the 1970's - 431, 442 & 444. The basic molding of the 4oo tractor unit already exists, all it woiuld take is a few new parts for the scraper. The 431 open bowl would be easiest - just delete the rear engine, put a plate over the location & turn up some new rear wheel hubs ! Bring it on First Gear:drinkup
Wabcoman, my collecting has slowed down a lot with the economy the way it is..but my CCM D10 with the push blade is on the way, and I have my name on one of the 666 scrapers, so that's just a matter of time! I would really like it if First Gear could shrink the IH service truck down to 1/50, like they did with the HD21. Somebody is coming out with a modern International service truck in 1/50, Ertl I think, but it doesn't have the character of the older truck. I think you are going to have to build a I beam table before long, with all the "heavy metal" you have there. And soon you'll have a couple of the DW20's to add to the structural loading, I'm sure.... Scraperad, beautiful job on the E200, that's the first scraper I ever operated. Alan
Alan, if you are referring to the new International Workstar service trucks, they are being produced by First Gear in 1:50 scale. The first three liveries out will be Case Ag. service, Case Construction Service, and New Holland Construction Service. They do look like they are made by Ertl, we shall see how they turn out for a MSRP of $62.
should get a photo of them all lined up Uncle.
Wow ..makes my collection look small!
SAWEETSKY DUDE! I am way into the 980. Did you kit bash that or is that an item a fella can buy? I have been gathering stuff for about six months and have about oh 40 pieces in 50 scale. Sword , NZG and CCM w a bit of Norscot and about twenty in 25th. Would be great to meet ya.
Can you tell me where i can get Cat forestry models like yours Cat D9H?
Where did you find your it looks like International road tractor with the lowboy?
hey can u post some single pics of your foresty stuff on the 6th shelf down, Thanks
That's quite a collection, how long did it take you?
a nice collection of heavy equipment
wow! you sure have very nice collections of cat models, so what's the latest model do you have? anything for tractors? or forklifts?
Dude that is the best caterpillar collection Ive ever seen!!!!!!
HELLO....WHAT PRICE HAVE YOU GOT ON YOUR PIPELAYERS(not joal ones) REGARDS ALAN. ( [email protected] )
i have been looking for a 583 sideboom kinda hard to find nice collection though
583 pipelayer HELLO......I DO HAVE A 583 PIPELAYER PRICE IS £250 + POSTAGE AND INSURANCE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I WOULD HAVE TO CHECK THE POSTAGE COSTS.PLEASE SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS. REGARDS ALAN. ( [email protected] ) PS....I HAVE A FEW MODELS ON EBID NOT EBAY EBID JUST TYPE IN EBID ON YOUR ADDRESS BAR WHEN YOU GET ON EBID SITE TYPE IN NZG/CONRAD.
If any one is interested I have approx 60 models of trucks and machines in 50 and 25 scale by Sword, NZG, CCM, First Gear,TWH act and am moving on so I would love to get them sold. Email me for pics at [email protected] Of special interest is my Reuhl Cedar Rapids Pitmaster from 1954 w orig belts and manual in GREAT to perfect cond!