Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Custom Radiator Cores

LN Pipeline · 2025-06-01 12:12

Can anyone recommend a place that builds custom radiator cores? Preferably near Montana.

Replies9
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-06-01 13:52

    This company custom built the core for my 1960 Mack. It's where American Radiator sends out for custom cores. * Custom Radiators & Parts - Pacific Radiator Manufacturers Depend on Pacific Radiator for top-quality custom radiators, cores, and accessories across Canada and the US. Unmatched in durability and craftsmanship. www.pacificradiator.com

  2. #2LN Pipeline2025-06-03 00:35

    Thank you. If I can’t find a core, I’ll give them a call.

  3. #3Dodgeboy062025-06-04 10:08

    I used activeradiator.com for a nearly impossible to source radiator and they did a good job in a reasonable amount of time. I did have the old one to send in to them so they were able to make it exactly as I needed it to be. Again it was one time that I used them but they definitely will be a call in the future if I run into a similar situation.

  4. #4LN Pipeline2025-06-04 18:41

    I’ll try them, also. Thank you.

  5. #5Jimbo2025-06-04 19:06

    L&M Radiator out of Hibbing, Minnesota can build you any radiator you want or need Whether or not it is affordable is another thing entirely

  6. #6LN Pipeline2025-06-17 20:12

    I’m going through a shop in Billings. Their price was similar to the other places I spoke with, and they are close. It sounds like the core will be made by a shop in Dallas, TX. Does anyone know where to find this fabric to block airflow around the sides?

  7. #7Legdoc2025-06-17 20:23

    Are you referring to the material with the notch cut out on top for the hose? If so it looks like foam. If it is look up Pelite. It is a closed cell foam. We use it all the time.

  8. #8LN Pipeline2025-06-17 23:35

    That may be what it is. It has the texture of an insole. Thank you for the suggestion.

  9. #9HarleyHappy2025-06-18 07:02

    I use a closed cell neoprene that is sticky on one side. You can order different thicknesses and widths on Amazon. Right now, I have a half a roll of 3/8” by 2”.