Hi - I have a CX160B. I've ran it with no issues for over a year. A month ago I lost swing and left track. We hauled it to a local mechanic who pulled both pumps and they were rebuilt by a noteworthy pump shop. They are reinstalled, new filters, new oil. 1. Now swing works fine, bucket works fine. 2. Screen shows ELEC PROBLEM 3. Does not drive in high speed 4. Weak power most of the time. 5. Sometimes right track goes weak. 6. Is there any way to check what the CODE ? 7. Any recommendations on a low cost diagnostic scanner if i need one? 8. What is the most common causes of this? Thanks!
Might help to list the brand of machine and the serial number/ year of the machine. It seems with modern machines there can be many variations of the same model.
It's a Case (Sumitomo machine).
I figured probably a Case but don't know if other brands might use the same model designations.
CASE and Link-Belt excavators share the same design copyright as Sumitomo excavators. CASE CX160B series is equivalent to Sumitomo SH160-5 series.
sorry for missing that important info: Case Product Identification Number *DAC160K5N8SAF1368*
All repairs start at perfect battery connections. Need to have good ground connections from engine block to batttery and body to frame to battery. Any bad ground can produce many computer generated faults. I have a Chev truck that the display goes wonky with only 1 semi- dirty connection. Once clean all is good. Need to verify with a meter to eliminate expensive part swapping only to find out bad ground somewhere. If you don't know how to do all these tests just ask for help and will post easy to do test with load to ensure all those cables are okay. Simon C
Hello all - thank you so much for the support. With the feedback, i was able to get into the service screens and determine that the pressure transmitter was bad on P2. I replaced the transmitter and have now ran the machine for about 8 hours. Keep in mind - both P1 and P2 were rebuilt prior to my other post. The pump repair shop said they were in rough shape. The machine has 10,000 hours on it. I recently had an experienced Case Operator jump in the machine and he noted: " I don't think the tracks have enough power" and the "pumps are whining" more than i think they should be. I recorded this video this morning of some simple movement of the machine. This shows the P1 and P2 pressure. Can anyone provide some help or assist further? It had new filters after the rebuild.. but could it be a filter again? Video link to the service menu for anyone that can't see the video.. when i try to climb a simple pile - both P1 and P2 go above 3,000 psig... P1 and 3102 and P2 at 3403. Note: It seems that P2 is always running higher than P1. Thanks in advance! Regards, Brad