made this tool to remove gland nut. did not damage gland nut. The first nut I tried to remove before tool got damaged from spanner slipping. The nut was seized and didn't budge. Cherried with the torch and got it to move 1/4 turn but no more. Finally remembered that I had used this years before on a hesston cylinder and found it in the drawer. Nut zipped right off, nut holes destroyed but nut off, drilled two new holes and good to go now. Heating not good to do, melted o-rings and made it harder to remove. Second cylinder started with tool and now problem.
I always save old air hammer bits like that for repurposing
Nice mod. I'll have to remember that. Air hammers do wonders as impact wrenches. It's one of the best ways, if only way, to zip off the radiator fan from the water pump in my old truck. And agree with 56wrench about repurposing old tools. I have a drawer of broken tools that get repurposed for various reasons. But way too many screwdrivers in that drawer....