Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cylinder parts on cat 430E

Mobilewrench ยท 2023-08-27 20:16

Serial. EAT00957 Cylinder barrel number 228-3509

Replies6
  1. #1Mobilewrench2023-08-27 20:17
  2. #2Mobilewrench2023-08-27 20:28

    The metal bushing on the loader hoist cylinder has pushed its way through the wiper. So when I ordered parts I asked for seal kits and this bushing for both cylinders. When I picked up the parts on Friday I only had seal kits and my preferred parts person was on vacation. The guy there is nice enough, but there is a reason I have a preference, so I didn't even ask him. I know the number in the picture is not a cat number. I figured I would just call my parts person in the morning but it occurred to me that there are about half a dozen members here that could probably supply me with the parts breakdown for this cylinder. I suppose that I could just clean it up and press it back in with bearing retainer. I actually think I could just press it back into place and the new u cup seal will keep it in place. What do you guys do?

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-08-27 23:36

    If it's not damaged no reason not to reuse it. It seems like it should push against something solid though that it can't come out.

  4. #4Nige2023-08-28 12:10

    233-2613 Bearing. It's not included in the seal kit but is listed as a (replaceable) part of the Head As #7.

  5. #5Mobilewrench2023-08-29 21:31

    I agree that it should. But not on this machine. I have seen it on other 430E's. And the same thing happened with the stabalizers on this machine last year.

  6. #6Mobilewrench2023-08-29 21:38

    Thanks for the part number, Nige. It just somehow didn't get ordered. Replacements are a week away so I think that I am going to clean them up and put them back. Probably use something a little less aggressive than bearing retainer. Maybe Loctite 271.