I have a 92 John Deere 190E and I'm looking to add a hydraulic thumb. I was looking for information to where to hook up auxiliary lines or a place that I can get diagram. Any info wood be great thanks.
Good day Some information may be of help, post a photo of your main control block can be helpful.Go Thumb questions & answers https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vTHy8Az8h1TOPRAdFLAwKtBJx0JVcaaO/view?usp=share_link Kind regards Uffex
Welcome to HEF Beng . Is your 190E equipped with the offset boom option ?
Thanks for welcoming me. Yes it's a offset boom. He's some pictures of the hydraulic control unit.
If that is a pic of your actual machine, it is NOT an offset boom.
That is my machine.
I am a automotive tech so this is new to me.
No worries, this is a screen shot of an offset boom.
I was thinking to run this kit but don't now where to contact it to on the valve body. Universal Hydraulic Third Function Valve Kit w/ Joystick Handle, 15 GPM Universal Hydraulic Third Function Valve Kit w/ Joystick Handle, 15 GPM. Universal Third Function kit that can be installed on a huge variety of machines. summit-hydraulics.com
Since you don’t have the offset boom option, the auxiliary spool in the main control valve is available to run the thumb. The auxiliary spool is a manual spool accessed on the bottom of the main control valve. There are (2) other manual spools on the bottom of the control valve operated by control cables for the (2) track propel functions. The Deere online parts site lists a “spare pedal “ and “offset boom main pipings” https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/82791/referrer/search/pgId/385382754 . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/82791/referrer/search/pgId/385382766 . I have no idea what parts may still be available for the control pedal and cable from Deere. Have a look at those (2) parts breakdown links and it should give you the general idea of what is involved to plumb your machine.
Cool thanks for all the help. I really appreciat.
Good day The Summit equipment is for pilot control, if you go with cable it will not be required. Kind regards Uffex