I have a D-31E-17 Komatsu dozer 2600 hours original owner. We never changed the trans oil and screen. So I decided it’s time. I drained bevel gear case both final drives and steering cases. I removed the screen in the trans and cleaned it,wasn’t very dirty. I put it all back together and filled to all the dipstick marks and now the machine won’t move forward or reverse. No whining surging or anything. The one thing I don’t remember is the screen orientation. I put the open end in first, I don’t remember how it came out. I don’t know if it will go in either way. Does anyone have an exploded view of the trans or any other insight? My father is rolling in his grave because he was one of those don’t mess with an old transmission guys. The machine worked perfectly before I did this! All the linkages work going into trans. Thanks
Nobody?
TRANSMISSION CASE D31E-17 S/N 32001-UP Komatsu Part catalog k-part.777parts.org Is this the screen ?
Number 11, yes. Hard to tell from that picture but it looks like the open end is out,any way to tell?
I would go with that . It appears that one end is bigger than the other in the picture of the screen viewed by clicking on the screen part number then scrolling down on the next page .
I n case anyone is interested, I had the screen in backwards. All is well!
Sorry to hear that your Komatsu dozer won't move after changing the transmission oil and screen. It's possible that the screen orientation is the issue. Check your manual or online resources for an exploded view of the transmission to ensure the screen is installed correctly. Double-check all connections and linkages too. Good luck!