I have a 2005 model D-4G-xl that I bought with 100 hours on it and it just rolled over 700hrs. It has started acting up a little. The past 3 times that the fuel get a little low in the tank it 1/4 tank or so, the tractor just runs out of fuel. The last time it happened I drained the tank to make sure I did not have a real trash in the tank problem and changed the filter. Today it happened again so I thought perhaps the gauge was bad and the tank was really empty. I found a long skinny stick and it had 5" of fuel in the bottom. I added 10 gallons of fuel and it started running fine again. Any idea folks on what my problem might be? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
What kind of terrain are you on? Sideways and up and down with 5" is a problem. I always encourage my customers to never run below half a tank. Fill it up all the way at the end of your shift. This will keep the condensation out of the tank which creates all kinds of problems.
It was on flat level ground.
I used find muck got stuck in the fuel line tap at the tank.Had to pull tap out an clean it.Mine seemed to do the same drop revs on flat ground after the tank was half empty full it up it was good.Took us a while to figure out the problem changing filters, Cheers blowing fuel lines, new pump etc it seemed to have good flow but was slightly restricted.
I was wondering if there was some type of screen inside the tank at the pickup.