I just bought a dr zx. From china. Can not get it to work. After i select machine then select comunication start. I get comunication has failed or process in controler has faild. ..has any one been able to reflash dr. Zx. Havent been able to find zx program.
Some of us were discussing this on a very old thread. I have had the same luck with the Chinese dr zx. Szpryczek says the problem is with the cord, not the program. I have a cp2102 converter per his recommendation. I am going to try it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works.
Ok thank you j dirt.
Sorry, took me a few days to get to it. Worked on it today, no luck, still communication problem. Got someone who is a lot more computer savvy than me to help. He said our new usb-uart converter was functioning. Maybe the program on the disc is the problem? Wish I could be more help.
Thanks jdirt. Any info is good .im waiting for cooper , the technition from SINOCMP in china. I wanted to return but was told cooper could fix on line.
Let me know how that turns out. Maybe he can fix mine, too.
Deleted due to error.
I will let you know when i figure it out.
I got my Dr ZX from Sinocmp as well. I'm running the palm version. Their cables are junk, they had to send me a second one, it works if you hold your tongue the right way but can be extremely frustrating most other days. Thought about ordering from somewhere else but the Chinese versions and components are all the same, flip a coin if they'll work or not....
Just to be clear that we are talking about the same stuff.. is this what you guys bought? ebay seller cmpparts86 with the watermark "SINOCMP" on all of the product images. PC version https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitachi-PC...514910?hash=item3aadb664de:g:IDoAAOSwux5YMuE8 And this is the palm version.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Excavator-...504854?hash=item3aadb63d96:g:nj8AAOSwMmBVn0ZG I was about to buy the PC version, but I won't until I hear that someone has been able to get it to work..
Yes, corksil, that pc version looks just like mine, mine was around $25. So far it's worked really well at keeping papers from blowing off the tracks. Not much else. I have found a way to retrieve codes without the dr. Zx. There are no readings while the machine is running, have to have the dr zx for that, but you can get the codes and clear them. I can post the procedure here if anybody is interested.
Absolutely! Mine is a 2011 zx35u-3, and I hope that there is a way to at least clear the codes Thanks!
I can't take credit for this, Spitzair posted it on another thread. I tried it on my EX100-3 and it delivered 3 codes, then I cleared them. After running the machine for a few minutes, they all came back, but I think I know where to look for my particular problems now. Better than guessing for sure.
That has been precisely the type of info that I have been looking for. However, my zx35u has a service connector with six pins, instead of four. Ever seen/heard of anything like that? Thanks for the info.
Yeah, the old ex's had the 4 pin, and the zx's have a 6 pin connector. I think there will only be 3 terminals in it, though. Look in the end of it, with the snap thing up, bottom row, I think you will short the middle with the right terminal. I tested continuity on my dr. zx (which has both style plugs) to see which terminals did the same thing on each. Somebody correct me if I've got it wrong.
I took my dr.zx cable apart. The cable with the 4 and 6 plug ins. Sure enough to wires pinched and broken apart. Lots of corrosion too. Sinocmp. Is sending another. The wires were pinched during assembly.
save your money and call a dealer . a lot of that off shore stuff don't work and if you are not familler with the program it will look like Chinese to you anyways
Ya, i work on a larg no. Of hitachi and on many other brands of heavy equipment for the last 42 years. I worked for a Hitachi dealer. I got this.
Hello friends So I have also the fake cable from chine. First what find if use him in win7 or higher the palm emulator send nothing via usb to serial. So you think you try to talk with but application do only fake. I checked it by serial port monitor. On win xp is send requests to excavator but never start communication. Is not a problem of chip inside in cable I try with ch340g pl.., cp2102 also by normally serial port use max232 conventer and every time no communication. So I the chine cable is completely no checked construction. Doesn't matter where you buy it you receive the same things. Like for me maybe construction of original cable is look like usb to ttl cabel but chines people forgot something for proof the excavator that we use correct orginal cable is maybe some resistance between some pin on diagnostic socket. I don't know am still busy with it. But I know one when we have a right cablre we don't need to use stupid palm emulator on xp anymore. Communication will be work with programs old WinDr and new application like MpDr. I have both and they send the same requests like palm emulator application so good cable and we can diagnose every hitachi from old ex to new zx 5 serie. For zx 6 serie we need another can cable. I hope is find someone how can share a photo of original pcb in cable in old version because the new one is like usb stick so is not easy to open. If someone can help then we find out what the problem with this china cord.