The D Series Cat track loader have been out now for 8 yrs roughly, curious to hear from anyone that has spend much time on one with the joystick steering how the like them and how the response is and any other pros or cons. People don't like "change", I've always ran the V-steer for years and have no problems, but my knees disagree. I don't run one day in and day out but when I do they hurt. All my experience has been on A and B models, I've heard that the C model pedals are easier. I would think joystick would be much like running a skidsteer with joysticks which now I wouldn't begin to want to go back to hand/foot controls.
Had a 953B and now have a 953C. The 53C is so much more comfortable to run. Im not hurting when I get off of it after a full day of pushing like I did on the 53B. Never ran a D.....
I've got a 53C I bought new in 2004 and it currently has 5K+ hours on it. The steering pedals are much easier compared to an A or B as your not pushing linkage to move valves. There are a few D's running in my area but I haven't heard much feedback from them.
Contractor had two 963D's on our site this last summer. 2/3 of the time the Cat tech was on them with the machine down. Never heard what was going on but knew the contractor lost a few days due to them, were rentals.
Surely not emissions issues? I had a Case CX250 excavator rented , basically a sumitomo unit. It would de rate 4 times or more an hour. The dealer told me to just restart it. I have ran a 63A , B and C. The C model seemed a tad light on power but still could do a large amount of work. Local guy has a 6T that shuts down a few times a month due to emissions gremlins. Has anybody ever came out with a delete kit for these? Maybe impossible with the software? I'm doing good just keeping my 43 together these days
What you just said is the main reason why I'm not enthused about any new equipment with after treatment. So far the only two engines with after treatment are my F350 with 6.7 and 279D. I'm in no rush to add more. I guess a delete kit on off-road equipment would depend on where you're operating and what alphabet government agency is checking.:cool2
CM, Out of curiosity what the 953C cost new in 04?
Local grading contractor is having few issues with his equipment, actually likes the fuel economy in his trucks Tier 4 Engines. He trades often, leases even more anymore so easy to call dealer to come get it and bring another when one goes down.
It was $175K and change IIRC.