Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D10R AKT VIDS question

simonsrplant · 2023-04-27 17:28

I've got a D10R AKT00499 with the vids monitor on the dash and control group on the r/h pillar. Usually the machine hours are on the display beneath the LCD tacho. For whatever reason they are not shown and I've been through every option to view. I can only get hours through ET, which is fine for me but not fine for the service guy who currently can't write on the filters .... Any ideas anyone?

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-04-27 17:42

    What are you seeing on the display screen below the tachometer at the moment.? That should be machine speed and actual transmission gear. The hourmeter should appear in the RH message window (4) underneath the Universal Gauge window.

  2. #2simonsrplant2023-04-27 17:51

    Parkbk on On Key on engine off Manual 6.6 Eng spd 700 Key on engine on

  3. #3Nige2023-04-27 17:52

    Check your messages.

  4. #4Nige2023-05-03 12:35

    Did you get anywhere with it.?

  5. #5simonsrplant2023-05-03 12:43

    Not yet I did try disconnecting the control group on the pillar. No change. The machine was down the last four days or so waiting for the ATAAC coolers to be cleaned and tested. I'm putting it back together now so once it's running I'll read into it again...

  6. #6Nige2023-05-03 12:54

    Those ATAAC coolers are a pain. We had nothing but problems with them on D10Ts. We found replacing with new was the only reliable long-term solution. I still reckon the keypad could possibly have one or two dodgy keys on it. IIRC there should be a little red LED in one corner of the keypad, top left above the "check mark/OK" key I think. Every time you press a key that LED should light up.

  7. #7simonsrplant2023-05-26 18:45

    Noticed this the other day ... VIDs ECM shows no reference of hours. Not sure why this would be but likely is why they don't show on the dash ? Any ideas?

  8. #8Nige2023-05-26 20:09

    VIDS on a D10R was very much an add-on. I can’t recall any tractors that were actually sold with it. I can even recall retrofitting VIDS on D10Ts maybe 2010 or thereabouts. Have you tried synchronizing the ECM Diagnostic Clocks.? I can’t for the life of me recall which ECM is the Master on that machine but most likely the Implement.