Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D11R or D11T in central PA

tootalljeffro ยท 2014-11-09 17:21

Anyone know where I can find a D11 or a Komatsu D475 around central PA?

Replies12
  1. #1stumpjumper832014-11-09 18:14

    Start looking in the coal mines around Clearfield. Or just call Cleveland bros. and ask politely.

  2. #2tootalljeffro2014-11-09 19:31

    Lol. I already tried Cleveland Bros. All I could get from them is that they have a few on rental in coal mines but not where. And as far as looking in coal mines, how do I even do that? Can imagine mining companies want non-employees coming in and wondering around if you know what I mean.

  3. #3Welder Dave2014-11-09 20:03

    Buying a D11 isn't like buying a winter beater so you can keep your sports car in the garage in the cold. I'm sure mining companies have offices you could call and see if they might be interested in selling any equipment. Maybe you could set up a meeting with the appropriate supervisor/manager and meet them there. If there's a D10 or D11 a little farther away at a different dealer, I'm sure your local dealer could get a deal on hauling it or maybe even cover the cost of getting it to you. There's got to be a lot commission and room to budge on a used D11. Good condition can still be over a million $$$ used.

  4. #4Dickjr.2014-11-09 20:30

    I would think if one was in the market for such a tractor , this would not be the place to start. Any dealer would be more than happy to discuss such a transaction and even delivery up to and over a 1k miles would most likely not be a problem. I would get the quote to include the dismantle and reassembly. I wouldn't worry about a full tank of fuel. Hopefully they would have fresh oil and grease it when its ready for initial test. Also if its used by all means have the u/c measured. Big ticket item it is.

  5. #5overworked2014-11-09 21:06

    Construction and mining services in Pittston had one for sale a few months ago, might still have it.

  6. #6390eric2014-11-09 21:54

    Alex Paris had one for sale awhile ago.

  7. #7stumpjumper832014-11-09 22:04

    whats up there in woodland across from butler trucking on 970? I know there is some big iron there, just don't know #'s

  8. #8Shimmy12014-11-09 22:44

    I think this guy is a hell of a conversation starter. I also believe Dickjr said it well. Anyone who has the proper resources to buy or rent an 11 will know how to dot his I's, cross his T's, and sure as heck not be asking on here. Just my opinion.

  9. #9overworked2014-11-10 08:32

    Yep I read first post too fast, didn't say anything about buying one,

  10. #10JGibson2014-11-10 17:14

    No the guy wants to take pictures of one lol. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but people need to read things a little more closely before the post lol.

  11. #11tootalljeffro2014-11-16 08:22

    Yep. You are correct. Just want to see one in person. If I was looking to buy one, Im sure it would be alot easier to find one. Lol.

  12. #12Welder Dave2014-11-17 22:15

    I'm sure the Cat dealer would know who has them.