Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D20p-6 Komatsu

IronRangeDozer · 2026-01-02 20:24

I have recently been replacing the steering clutch components on my dozer a d20 Komatsu. I’m looking for the springs that hold the brake band in place. Any one have any part numbers for those. There are two of them, a short and longer spring.

Replies3
  1. #1epirbalex2026-01-03 04:27

    BRAKE D20A-6 S/N 60001-UP Komatsu Part catalog k-part.777parts.org Copy and paste that link into your search engine , scroll down , part numbers are in blue . 16 and 17 on this list , one looks longer than the other .

  2. #2worstlinear2026-01-08 01:53

    Have you checked the Komatsu parts manual or a dealer’s microfiche for the D20 steering-brake springs? Often they’re listed as brake band return springs with distinct short and long part numbers. Try asking a Komatsu dealer with your serial number — they can pull exact part numbers for both springs and help source replacements.

  3. #3IronRangeDozer2026-01-08 07:50

    Thank you all for the help. I ended up at the local Komatsu dealer and they were able to order the replacement springs. Once I got the part numbers I couldn’t find them any where else without using a sketchy website so I figured best to use the dealer at that point.