Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d21a-3 water in oil pan

jld ยท 2010-11-05 13:23

::I have a D21a (sn 30708) with engine model 4d92-1. Does any one know the head bolt torque values and sequence for the head. Local komatsu dealer's books dont show any thing so they are trying to get the info from Japan. I had gotten water in the oil pan ( still dont know where it came from). I pressure tested the head and block and nothing showed any leakage. So new head gasket and cross all my fingers and toes. Thanks Jerry

Replies1
  1. #1jld2010-11-08 12:36

    :BangheadWell now i have broken a head bolt. I got the torque specs from komatsu and they are in metrics so I converted them on line and the final torque ( 3rd stage) called for 170#. I think this is way to high. Any one know about head bolts on the d21a-3