I have a D3B that when cold surges ahead, like pulsing, I'm rocking in the seat but after driving 5 minutes and warmed up this goes away. Trans shifts good and no pulsing drive in reverse gears. Needs to warm up to have enough power to drive in third. Changed oil and filter, cleaned suction screen and still the same. Any ideas what the problem is?
A deisel mechanic friend of mine refers to symptons you describe as "morning sickness". He says O-rings in the trans are getting old and hard and as the fluid warms up the seals seal better. He advises adding a seal treatment to the fluid to get extended life from the trans.
Heh heh " morning sickness" got a kick out of that.
I had a D3B for a stretch of time.... it surged also... turned out it was loose weights that are bolted to the sprockets..... honest injun.... Gramps
Those fixes seem simple enough. I'll try the trans lube and see what happens. Thanks