Forget which series but a D3 with open to the elements cab. Just wondering the approx operating weight of this unit. Thanks
D-3C is about 15,500#, XL version up to 16,000#, and LGP is a little more at around 17,000# Hope this helps
awsome thanks for the reply!!
Novice Needs Help with T190 I am trying to drag a 2000 pound chipper 500yrds up a 25% grade using a T190. I dont know what the hell I am doing. I am a simply a do it yourself weekend nut. As I start up the hill I get 10 feet and then it just digs into the soft dirt. I was going to laydown ply wood on top of the dirt but it is tearing the ply wood up. What can I put in the rutts or over the ruts to get traction? Should the T190 be abe to pull a 2000 pound chipper up a 25% grade. I ahve logs I can lay in the ruts but the T190 just spits them out. Any thoughts. CG
youre going to have problems with that combo, but what may help is to start and keep plywood under the chipper tires and leave the t190 in the dirt
I'm with Powerstroke on putting the plywood under the chipper. The T190 will get better traction on the dirt. Can you climb the slope with the T190 by itself? If so, smooth a path and walk it in a few times first. If not, You will have troubles. Also, try backing the chipper up the hill, instead of pulling it up.
Whats a good way to find out how much your machine weighs? I have a D6 C and im curious.
put it on a lowboy and weight it, then reweigh the lowboy empty:beatsme
Balzomedic, Just a guess but 32,000 to 35,000lbs would be close, probably closer to the 32,000lbs range, depending on how it is equipped.
Just a newbie here and somewhat curious as to what an early 70's D3 weighs. Looking to maybe haul one into my shop from the ranch and put some new steering clutches in it, that's all. This sounds like a great place, especially like the "old iron" section as there's an old Allis Chamlers K series I remember years ago that had a steering wheel. My old man hauled it home from some farmers field back in the late 80's and it promptly busted a hole out of the final drive so it sat for another ten years at our house and then went to the scrapper. Sad stuff indeed. Well sorry to ramble on but what's with this three posts before you are in here?
You have to post thrice before you can start a thread, it prevents automated entries. There is an announcement from the administrator explaining it. Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!
Yeah, thats about what I found after a little searching. Mine has a 10' blade, no rear attachments.
Well lets see if this works, I haven't got a clue as to what I am doing. Here are some pics of the d6c. (maybe) :beatsme
Now that that worked I realize its not so hard! The picture is a bad angle because its not running right now (electrical probs). Get some better ones when it gets back to work.
nice pics, looks like a clean machine.
What's the pipe apparatus for welded onto the blade?
It would be a tree pusher but i would'nt have welded it on .
D3B is 15161