Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D31A INJECTOR issue

DozermanD31 ยท 2014-08-19 13:49

I bought a Komatsu D31A-17 dozer with the 4D105-5H eng.It had a frozen engine and somebody removed the injectors to try to lube the cylinders to free it up.That was 4 yrs. ago.The injectors were lost.I got replacements from komatsu part # 6134-11-3300.It is the one that the parts book calls for. I checked. The problem I'm having is when I insert the injector in the head it lacks an inch from seating down on the head.If somebody has one of these tractors could you please help me resolve my problem could you possibly take a picture of where the injector seats in the head or possibly get me the actual part # off of your injector. I know this is asking alot but I desperatly need your help.Komatsu has thrown up their hands on me.......I need to find the correct injector for my tractor to complete my rebuild..........thank you

Replies4
  1. #1Stewart Tyler2018-09-28 14:27

    Hello Did you solve the problem eventually?

  2. #2Tenwheeler2018-09-28 20:54

    Have an injector problem with your D31?

  3. #3Stewart Tyler2018-09-29 08:42

    hi Tenwheeler i bought a non running Komatsu Forklift with a 4d105-5 that has almost seized due to diesel leaking into the motor and basically thinning the oil out nearly all the crank journals were on their way to give up, we did however find that the injector cups were almost oval and thats not a good idea i believe. I need to find out more info on this even part numbers so i can order new cups.

  4. #4Tenwheeler2018-09-29 21:35

    Try these guys: ConEquip 844 329 0241. I have received better service from them than the dealer. I understand the machine I am working on is old. Not meaning to beat on the dealer.