Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D31E-20 steering adjustment

Kyfarm · 2014-03-28 08:05

I have a Komatsu D31E-20 and wish to see if there is any adjustment left in the steering clutches. Will somebody advise me as to what body panels need to be removed to access the adjustment rods. I do have a parts and service manual but it is very lacking in pictures. It shows the adjustment rods but not how to access them. Thanks for any help.

Replies4
  1. #1TwinPines2014-03-28 13:20

    Kyfarm, what kind of a problem are you having that makes you need to adjust the clutch. I have a D37e-5. I am not an expert but I have read the section on clutches and brakes and to the best of my memory there were no clutch adjustments, only brake adjustments.

  2. #2Kyfarm2014-03-28 18:46

    I will have to check my repair manual better tomorrow and see if I am confused about what adjustments can be made. It is certainly possible that I read it wrong. The problem I am having, and I have joystick steering, not levers is that sometimes I have to actuate the joystick 2 or 3 times before it steers. Left is worse than right and it is definitely worse going in reverse.

  3. #3greenkweem2025-05-07 12:50

    Hi kyfarm, have you fix it?

  4. #4Kyfarm2025-05-07 16:38

    Not really. I just deal with it. I don’t use the dozer much.