Alright guys, removed the transmission due to a lot of input shaft endplay. Tore into the transmission and I’m not seeing anything obvious. Gears look really good. Bearings I’ve come across also look fine. Only thing that I saw was on the 1st clutch pack plate where the input shaft gear is eating on something. First picture shows underneath of the 1st clutch and the second shows where the gear has been chewing at that part. Anyone ever seen this or opinions, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yeah looks like its wearing into that counter bore, or created the counter bore by wearing it. Never been into one of them, so? Would need to see everything and a good assembled parts book view would help. Some thrust bearing or? is not doing its job.
I also have not been into one of these personally, but I would guess there is a missing snap ring somewhere on that input shaft.
I have a parts book and looking at the breakdown I’m not seeing a missing snap ring or thrust bearing like I assumed it would be. Scratching my head on this one.
The grinding action will have sent the filings to other places. Have you cut open the filter and checked for how much is in it. There will be other damaged bearings and races. Can not see it being anything simple. Have put together some D155 Transmissions and some D85 transmissions but not your unit. I don't envy you. The oil cooler may have some in it as well. Simon C