Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D31p

Jerry58 · 2026-04-03 10:15

I’m again working on our Komatsu D31p-16. I’m back into the steering clutches replacing a leaking pinion gear seal. The left brake band got soaked in oil and is worn enough that it needs replacing, so I decided to look at both sides while I’m at it. The right side looks good but for the top two pads on the band. Quickly I realized the cost to replace the entire band was too expensive, $1600 per band out of stock must get from Japan etc. So I checked on the repair kit from Komatsu and again wow $1500 for the pads and rivets. I see on eBay loads of bans for sale but it gets complicated. My Dozer calls for part # 113-33-21113 for the band. I found some that list for the aD31p but the part number is 113-33-21110. I assume these are for a newer D31p, my question is does anyone know if these will work on my older dozer? TIA

Replies5
  1. #1HATCHEQUIP2026-04-03 14:03

    If you have brake, clutch shop around that realigns brakes and clutches they can do it alot cheaper

  2. #2Welder Dave2026-04-04 00:20

    Sometimes a brake shop will have an improved band material too.

  3. #3Jerry582026-04-06 09:14

    I checked that out, there aren't any shops near me. I was able this morning to get conformation from Komatsu that the two part numbers are compatible, with that info I was able to find new bands with a price we could afford for our old farm dozer. Thanks for the input!

  4. #4HATCHEQUIP2026-04-06 09:19

    Feltons in Chattanooga Tennessee does all that and more for anyone in the future, Equipment, cranes , trucks, etc.

  5. #5Jerry582026-04-06 09:24

    Thanks for that info.