Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D37E-5

D37E-5 · 2024-03-15 20:41

I have a Komatsu D37E-5 with the 6D95L-1 engine does anybody know what the left indicator light is on the dash I know the middle is low oil pressure and the right is air cleaner. The left and middle stay on when the machine is turned off and drains the batteries overnight Does anybody have Any suggestions on where or what to look for?

Replies6
  1. #1coalrulz2024-03-15 21:52

    According to parts manual left indicator is #9 Alternator/Charge light.

  2. #2Coaldust2024-03-15 22:10

    I vaguely remember a certain diode failing and causing that very issue, back in the old days. I’ll ponder that some more. I still carry a couple extra in my go-box, just for nostalgia.

  3. #3D37E-52024-03-16 06:36

    Thank you for the advice. What does the diode look like and where would the diode be found on the machine?

  4. #4Coaldust2024-03-16 15:00

    I don’t want to send you down a rabbit hole with a miracle cure. Check your wiring diagram and do the normal charging system diagnostics. This is the diode.

  5. #5D37E-52024-03-16 19:13

    I didn’t know what it looked like but now I do so I can check it and see if it’s bad

  6. #6LACHAU2024-03-20 05:14

    Obviously, the alternator is at fault. You need to check the alternator.