HD Parts says 1T 1390 is a good part number but they cant get it. What are folks doing for a replacement torque converter?SN# 1BA4266, arrangement 7G7600.
That torque is rebuildable
Here are pics. I assumed it was a welded assembly and not rebuildable?
Here's the parts list plus D&A instructions.
My torque converter looks nothing like the one in Nige’s attachments?
Nige check 1T1546 in the npr
Bush mike might want to check transmission case for a tag I've seem that torque but I can't remember where
Try d3b 23y I believe the part number for that torque is 1T1045
It is the Part Number you quoted….. How about posting the tractor Serial Number..?
Here ya go. D&A instructions are still covered under the document I posted above.
As requested…..
My D3B is SN# 27Y02933
seems to have been updated you have the early one
PCM, not sure I follow your message. Is 1T 1021-1 the assembly that I need for rebuilding my TC? Any other suggested parts based on Nige‘s last attachment?
After more review, I see your point. My torque is out of a 23Y unit.
It was right for your 27y transmission they just updated it to the number they gave you in the beginning
By the way what was the reason you pulled the transmission?
As described in another thread, I could not spin the tracks in 1st, 2nd pushed weakly and 3rd barely moved itself up a slight incline. I expected burnt trashed friction discs and plates but they are “as new“ and right in spec for new Parts. I still have to check that orifice as you suggested. If the torque converter is even remotely suspect, I want to change it while engine and tranny are out for rebuild. Comments welcomed!
Nige, Here is info from your first reply/attachments 1T1390 TORQUE CONVERTER GP TRANSMISSION S/N 1BA1-1BA1824 PART OF 7G7600 TRANSMISSION AR Is there a page with transmission SN# 1BA1825 and up? My torque has the longer shaft as portrayed in the cut for SN#1-1825 but not the rebuildable housing.
Do I ever feel stupid right now! Here right in front of my eyes in my parts manual is the 1T 1541 part that I have been searching for! That said, HDParts does not carry this pn#. Any suggestions for getting one asap?
I missed your other thread that described the symptoms you mention in Post #18. It may be a bit late now but have you done any transmission/torque converter pressure measurements before commencing disassembly of the machine.? I may be wrong but it appears to me as though you are potentially firing the Parts Cannon in the worst possible way.
Nige, I completely understand your concern! The answer is no testing was done. The 3204 engine was pulled for rebuild and it seemed logical to also pull the tranny at this time for new plates and friction discs. last recorded hours on the meter was 9780. As I stated before, after a complete disassembly of the tranny, plates and discs look and measure as new, so were obviously replaced recently. Total clutch stack heights also spec as new per specifications. Piston rings on the all the pistons have ZERO friction in there respective bores sitting on the bench. At this point it seems logical to throw parts$$ at any potential slippage issue, hence my request for help on the torque converter. Reducing potential before reassembly is my goal. If the weakness goes away, all is good. If not, I will certainly run the pressure tests as directed.
Can someone with the online database/search function tell me if 1T-1541 is available somewhere in CAT stock? I give up getting a return phone call from my local CAT dealer.