Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3c /D4c hystat or power shift?

Deliacorpny ยท 2014-12-27 23:30

Hello all , I'm in my dozer toss up. Interested in buying a 3/4 c series , I've owned d3b,d3c (power shift series 3. After foolishly selling them and replacing them with 953a I fell in love with the hystat! Now after recently dumping 953 due to blown head gasket issues, I'm back on dozer market and interested in prefably a d4c series III hystat but I'm hearing mixed opinions on hystat? So any options on hystat or power shift in these c series? Thanks marco

Replies2
  1. #1Deliacorpny2014-12-29 20:54

    No replays? I guess no one had any input on thus one huh?

  2. #2AllDodge2014-12-30 09:02

    Some times it just takes time to notice a post. For the most part I'm a newby in the heavy equipment world. For what I have read here I'll say most want and like the hydrostats over the non. That said if something goes wrong with the hydrostat you may need a tech to fix it and if it has a lot of hours and needs work, it's going to cost. Now all that the the non types are easier to fix and if something breaks you can fix it in most cases