I have a D3c hystat that will not drive on right side. Anyone have any ideas?
D3c hystat trans problem: Hello mrmattville, Are you showing any fault codes? If you are, they should be listed in your operators manual. If you are not showing any fault codes, you'll need to describe more symptoms... different sounds it might be making, or not making, any difference in the feel of the controls... things like that. Could be a very simple problem, or....... OCR
Hello OCR in Montana, thanks for the response. The right side is completely dead. It makes no sound, no whinning or grinding. I see no codes on the dash, but not really sure what I'm looking for. I guess I should get a manual.(auction machine) There is no unusual feel to the control. It feels the same as the left. I don't know if back up alarm is a pressure switch, but it does sound off with the right side engaged.
D3c hystat trans problem: Yeah mrmattville, you definitely need to get a manual. I'm not familiar with the Cat hydrostatic drive system, I have a JD 750c hydrostatic drive that I'm very familiar with, but I'm sure there's differences between the two. One more question... is the right track locked, or does it seem to free wheel a bit? Oh, and you're welcom... OCR
The right track is free. I going to check for codes this morning.
Any codes? OCR
I don't believe the D3C Hystat has any electronics installed on them. Did you check the operating cables and linkages?
i have a d3c and theres no dash to see any coads on. my one is 2001, 4ts prefix number. can the pump for that side stop working ? are they on a rubber drive like a digger pump? ive had the drive rubber go at 3000 hrs on a digger but u could smell rubber. if the track is free wheeling then the brake has got hyd presher i gess or the axle is broken? my owers book says nothing about alams but in the bit about towing there is sum valves you can turn to open the relief valves to get the tracks to free wheel, under the floor plates??? maybe worth a look.
Hello, mrmattville here. Got back to the d3c today and got to really checking it out. Oil smells burnt and the other side is weak also. Plastic strainer is melted. Talked to operater and was told he got stuck in mud a few days earlier. Alot of mud. This was not evident to me as the machine had been washed. I'm guessing it got way overheated and will, at least, have to be taken apart and resealed. Sorry to have botherd you guys with quick fix questions. I was not told the whole story!!
D3c hystat trans problem: Heck, mrmattville, I think that's what this Forum is for. No need to be sorry about a quick fix question, at least in my opinion, and I'd bet most members would agree. Often times they work, because somebody just happened to have the same problem... got it figured out, and can tell you exactly what's wrong... and that saves a guy a bunch of time and expense. Happened to me with an excavator problem... asked a couple of questions that evening when I got home... got some replies, and had it running the next day. And I will always be thankful... :thumbsup It is a shame however, that the fix won't be as quick as the question... OCR
let us know what went wrong, how the oil got so hot to melt seals etc ,it might help sumone from the same thing happing to them, if u can. good luck with the fix.