Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3c steering question

jwest75801 ยท 2014-12-25 16:06

Merry Christmas all!!! I have a question for you guess. On my D3C 7xlo when my machine and is cold and I go forward from just starting it and I try to steer it will stop what could my problem be. Once I do that once or twice it starts working with no problems. The machine has over 5500 hrs on it and I have had it over 2000 of those hours just wondering if this is common on a higher hour machine. I doubt it but never know. Thanks for any help!

Replies4
  1. #1HATCHEQUIP2014-12-25 17:47

    sounds like the brake is applying but the clutch on the side that your working is not releasing and your just stalling the torque, do you notice the engine lugging down when you do this

  2. #2jwest758012014-12-25 20:02

    Yes it does what could be the problem causing this?

  3. #3Outasite2014-12-25 21:41

    Sounds like maybe the roller at the clutch control valve is worn,common on the D3 series.

  4. #4jwest758012014-12-25 22:04

    Thanks guys