I've got a d3c pin 5kg00563 what year and series would it be?
An original Series I by the looks of it. Built 17th May 1988.
Well I think I was told it was a 1996 by the man I bought it from, shows how much I know. Thnx
Or how much he knew….. Do you have any manuals for it yet.? I assume that you are going to be maintaining it yourself. That should be your next step.
Your right, it's actually my dad's machine I'm just the one who's been in construction most of my life and knows most of the basic things to look for and pay attention to. Lucky me.
If you want a basic Operation & Maintenance Manual search the interweb for Cat Publication SEBU6155. Here's a brand-new genuine OEM one on eBay . Alternatively click HERE , put SEBU6155 in the box and click Search. You can download a copy immediately for $52.
Well thnx, always good to have manuals
The exact date was already mentioned above as in May 17, 1988.
Thnx welder Dave for pointing that out to him, that's all I would need is more disinformation when I'm already just learning the lingo on this new to me equipment.
Right now I'm stuck repairing all kinds leaks and what not that are popping up while I'm trying to address the steering clutches on the right side of machine. Although I'm probably not the sharpest tool In the shed, I do know I'm the only one in the family that's been in construction and has even ran heavy equipment, yet everyone here is throwing in they're two cents and arguing with me at every turn. I damn well know that when we went to buy it , i at least went and moved around a little and know all was fine.. my plan was not get it home power wash it after removing all the pans and what not. Instead of it going my way it was loaned to the neighbor and brought back and parked at the gate. Nobody told us anything about it but I almost took out gate fence and all as I learned there was no clutch or brake working on right side. Sorry about venting but it sure makes it hard on my ass. I can't do much about it since you can't choose your family I'm just stuck with them.
As we say - “Family. Can’t live with ‘em, can’t kill them.”
It might just adjusting or the steering valve(s) needs new rollers on them. Lots of info in the archives on here and I've explained a much easier way to adjust the brakes I learned from a former Cat dealer shop foreman.
Thnx for the feed back, I'm only getting to get back over here to the machine every so often where I can lay my eyes on everything and know what exactly I am referring to. Now I need to know what fluid goes in the trans and what goes in hydraulics on my series 1 D3.
See Post #6 above. All the info you need is in that manual.