Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3G Right track 1/2 speed

JRsEquipment · 2019-01-08 22:31

D3G LGP Serial CFF Right track is running about 1/2 speed. Its is adjusting up faster and slower with the speed control and seems to have power but is much slower than left track. I swapped the sensor plugs and solenoid plugs at the motors to see it switched sides but still the same. I have Cat ET2014 but could not get it to connect, does anyone know what the protocol is on the diagnostic link on ths machine? It only has four terminals in the Cat-9 pin diag plug- Pos/ground and two diag leads I would assume J1939. I have been able to hook to newer cat equipment so I figured I could on this machine. I am goin to pull codes tomorrow. Any ideas?? Or service manual? Thanks

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2019-01-09 08:28

    The two twisted wires 944 & 945 are for the Cat Datalink, not the J1939 Datalink. Try pulling the codes using a short jumper cable in the Harness Code connector. Instructions in the attachment.

  2. #2JRsEquipment2019-01-09 12:17

    No codes, I have been able to connect with usblink-2 J1939 with other cat machines however not with this machine

  3. #3Nige2019-01-09 13:15

    Well all I can tell you is that this machine does not have a J1939 connection. So are you trying to connect to the machine with ET or usblink-2...?? How did you go looking for the Codes..?

  4. #4JRsEquipment2019-01-09 17:55

    First I read the codes by the fault light and unplugging the connector= no codes. I was trying to connect with cat et-2014 and nexis usb link-2... Then I borrowed a cat com-3 and was able to connect and still no codes. When I try to calibrate the pumps/motors it gives me error code (not fault code) 1097- left motor speed too high.

  5. #5Nige2019-01-09 20:12

    Based on that I wonder if the problem is actually on the left side....? There must be a range of speed values that is "acceptable", anything outside that the calibration fails with an Error Code. The attached may help, but I don't like the final comment at the bottom of Page 3 that if the motor speeds are not in the specified ranges contact Factory Product Support for further instructions. Note that to do the test you need the machine jacked up with the tracks off the ground.

  6. #6JRsEquipment2019-01-09 22:45

    Nige, thanks a million. Yes I also am trying to determine which side is at fault. That info is very helpful and I will run the pump/motor displacement test tomorrow. Can you tell me how the pump solenoids(stroke control) and motor solenoids(stroke control) play into the functions of this machine. I know the fundamentals to these pumps/motors but in what way does this system utilize them? Does it use the pump controls for direction and the motor controls for speed control? or?? Thanks again.

  7. #7Nige2019-01-10 08:49

    I can't tell you, but maybe this can ...........

  8. #8JRsEquipment2019-01-10 10:40

    Thank you. When i try to perform the max Displacement test it kicks it out and shows this code.

  9. #9Nige2019-01-10 11:08

    Event E482, Level 3. Unexpected Left Track Forward Movement Detected. Immediate safe shutdown of machine is required. Possible Cause: Hoses or solenoid connectors are reversed Recommended Response: Correct hose or connector connections. You said you had been messing with solenoid connectors. Are you sure you got them back correctly in their original locations..?

  10. #10JRsEquipment2019-01-10 11:14

    Yes 100% seems the left side pump or motor is stroked to far or stuck In partial stroke. Almost seems it would have to be the motor since the pump goes in forward in reverse fine

  11. #11JRsEquipment2019-01-10 14:13

    I got it working! I energized the left motor servo a few times and something got unstuck, recalibrated the pumps/motors and it started working correctly.

  12. #12Bluox2019-01-10 14:34

    You might want to pull the filter and see if you're making parts. Bob

  13. #13Nige2019-01-10 15:40

    Good news you got it working, and TBH I’m not surprised it was the LH side giving trouble. Whatever was sticking it you have to wonder what it was. Take Bloux’s advice and pull the filter & cut it open to see what’s in there. Post photos of any interesting particles you come across.