Hi all, I have a D3G XL that seems to have an issue with the travel speed selector. When I start the machine I can use the button on the joystick to alter the travel speed (machine is not moving but the indicator needle on the dash moves) but as soon as I start moving the buttons no longer have any effect on the travel speed and it cannot be altered. There is a transmission fault light up on the dash but it sometimes comes and goes, yet I still cannot alter the travel speed using the button on the joystick. Oh and the horn no longer works either. I think I have heard some people say that the joystick needs to be calibrated or there is some switch inside or underneath it that has issues? Any thoughts please??
First thing is if you have a Fault Code light there will be a code (or codes) logged in the system. If you can find out what they are using the Diagnostic Indicator that should get you half way to sorting out your problem.
Thanks for that Nige! The dozer is located a fair way from town and the CAT dealers here, most likely everywhere, charge way too much to get them out with their laptop and ET. Is there any way to tell what the code is without the use of the laptop please?