Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3K2LGP or D5K2LGP 2016 or newer

Tim Modine · 2021-08-13 11:10

Buying one of these and was wondering if anyone can give insight on the differences. You pretty much can buy the 5K2 LGP for the same as a 3K2 LGP. Have only seen a 5 up close and not a 3. The 5 looks on the big side for what id need but would work. I just can't see getting a 3 with the same money for a 5. Other than the HP, is the footprint of the 3 the same as the 5? The 5 is a wee bit heavier but not really a concern.

Replies3
  1. #1Bam Bam 1712021-08-13 13:31

    Dimensions are similar. Have wondered why the cost is practically the same as well. Following...

  2. #2Tim Modine2021-08-13 15:59

    Right. It’s all about the HP and blade capacity. Other than that it seems to me to be the same platform. Thanks for chiming in

  3. #3John C.2021-08-15 11:31

    I seem to recall that in the earlier machines, the frames were all the same. I don't know if they changed that with the new model designations though. One of the sales reps I have known for years has made similar statements of why by a D3 when the D5 is nearly the same thing.