I have recently become the proud owner of a cat d4-7u and im after any links to clubs forums and spareparts (aftermarket) thanks guys
Ive got a 1949 D4 7U. It has a balderson hyd blade. It was running & working. However the trans 90 weight was leaking into the steering clutch housing. So I bought new seals. And took it apart. The bearing,s where all shot. one clutch drum Is bad. So it has been apart since 1980. The undercarrage is pretty good. Im planning on just putting it back together and painting it. Not ever running it ever again. Just yard art. I used to haul it around on a single axle 1966 ford F600 and I still have that truck also. I cant help you on info about links to any clubs ect.
http://www.antiquecaterpillar.info/index.php? and http://www.acmoc.org/bb/ are pretty good places for info and help
Pictures of my D4 The old cat has been sitting here since 1980. It at my farm three miles from my house. I removed the radiator to keep it safe from copper thieves. all the parts are stored in a old school bus.
You will be welcomed at The ACMOC (Antique Catepillar Machine Owners Club) site. Great world wide club. I would recommend you get youself a operators manual asap if you are not familiar with classic Cats. Little things like shutting the gas off on the pony motor and letting it run out of gas to kill it. That keep the floats from bouncing and gas overwhelming the quart of oil in the pony motor burning the bearings out. There is just so much you really need to read. Owners manuals, sservicemans reference manuals, and parts manuals can usually be found on e-bay. Used pats canbe had fir your D4. It is one of the more popular tractors ever built. Where is Cairns? Austrailia?