Got the pony running:drinkup! Problem is that the new fuel strainer leaks past the packing nut:Banghead. Can't do anything about that till next weekend . Taking the mother in law to ID to visit her sister tomorrow and won't be back till late Friday. Next is to get the starting procedure figured out for the main engine and get the right steering brake fixed. Rick
This is a pretty good show for average temperatures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcz7qPz8QTE When the temp gets below freezing, the colder it is the longer it takes, gotta let the pony cooling water circulate for a while, then go to full on the compression release and get her spinning, when it turns the main handily you try taking the compression release to half (or am I confusing the bigger machines, do the D2 and D4 halve half?) then again when the pony is spinning the main good at half, take the compression release fully off, wait for the temp gauge needle to come off the peg and start moving toward the green, then put some fuel to 'er.
OK thanks. Rick
Lan, To my knowledge none of he D2, D4 and D6 series do not have half compression, nor to they have the two speed transmission on the pony. The how to videos by Sasquatch are some of the best out there. Glad to hear you got the pony running Rick. What was wrong. Points in the mag had corrosion or dirty carb was my top two guesses. If you get back from ID on Friday you can still make it here on Saturday. Did you get the left steering brake adjusted up to work better? The way that machine started before with a tug once we freed up the pumps I think the main is in fine shape.
believe it or not I fixed the switch and mounted it, put gas in it and it fired right up. Haven't messed with the brake yet figured I'd get it running first. I hope to be back Friday but the way the MIL and wife are talking it might not happen. I'm working on it. Rick
Best way to treat the pony motor switch is to leave it always in the run position. Just shut the gas off and let it run out.
LOL I mean the starter switch, not the kill switch. Just got back about an hour and a half ago. I'm beat but had a good time. I have a bunch of pictures to go through but will post a few when I get em resized. Best one is one I got of a bear cub at about 20 feet. No sign of mama? And it wasn't scared. Rick