Howdy Members, I have a construction company in coastal Ecuador. I have a 2002 D4 G that we rescued and have used following the earthquake here in 2016. I have replaced most of the under carriage and it seems to operate pretty well...problem I have hydraulic oil in my final drives, lots. After pulling the belly pans and pressure washing everything, I have noticed that 2 of the technician "service test" tubes are just hanging and not connected. At this point I really don't want to pull the final drives if by chance the problem is being caused by something like a "relief valve" in the hydrostat pumps. Is anyone familiar with this machine and/or this type of problem?
The final drives on the D4g take the same hydraulic and transmission oil as does the hydraulics and transmission.
A Serial Number would greatly assist in guaranteeing correct information.
Sorry Nige my mistake. I assumed and I know what that means.
The final drives should be running 50W. Trans and hydro runs 10W.
Please don't apologize. It's just that there are so many potential variants, especially now that model suffixes that were last used decades ago are surfacing again on newer machines, that a Serial Number removes all doubt.
Any chance of a photo showing what's hanging..? Is it something connecting to this panel by any chance..?
Found a schematic showing where the test lines go ........
Thanks so much Guys for responding. So...my intial problem is that my final drive in the planatry portion is filled, I mean filled with hydro oil mixed with the normal oil for the planetory gears, way above the oil level mark. I don't see any leaks at the drive motors i side the frame. Hmmm. Second issue is that I have two leaks coming from the hydrostat actuator assembly (the cap with the 4 screws and adjustment screw. I ordered now o-rings but looking at the pump breakdown, can I pull the caps and replace the o-rings without disassembling the main stat pump prior? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Caterpillar D4g lgp FDC00258
Fixed...rebuilt the breaks, new o-rings between the brake housing and finals fixed the leak. As far as the actuator leak, replaced o-rings in rear pump but still have to do front pump as the only way to unscrew the actuator caps on the top and bottom is to break the pumps loose from the bulkhead to provide enough room. If anyone has the same problems, I hope this helps.